Improving Aeolus + Katello integration

Ivan Nečas inecas at redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 16:57:08 UTC 2012

With funzo, we're trying to figure out how the Aeolus + Katello could
better integrate together.

The templates in Katello are going to be replaced with component outlines. In
discussion about Foreman integration, it was not mentioned, that the
Compontent Outline will contain the list of packages (System Template
like we know it today has it). This is not required by Foreman (Foreman
solves it with Puppet), but Aeolus is able to take the list of
packages and install it into the built image, if I understand it
correctly. Was it meant to be this way, or we just skipped it when
talking about Foreman. It seems quite valuable Aeolus feature to me.

Another thing to solve is how to call back to Katello after the
instance was deployed by Aeolus (if we're not satisfied with the
current status of setting the script manually in deployable, which I
guess we're not). It seems for now that Audrey is the only way how to
run some scripts after the image was deployed. Will there we some other
way for running scripts after deployment in Cloud Engine. If not, it
seems that we will need to run Audrey and Puppet side by side. Maybe
it's ok, just asking, if its acceptable  to have two config servers run
against the same machine?

Ohad:

How does Foreman solve the EC2 deployment against Foreman?

--
Ivan