Cloud Engine - System Engine V2 integration

Hugh O. Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Tue Jul 17 13:29:23 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 08:57:04AM -0400, Chris Alfonso wrote:
> On 17/07/12 08:15 -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> --snip--
> >This data would be in the kickstart tempaltes.. yes? I assume if
> >we go with TDL, we will need a way to translate the ks file which
> >foreman generates into TDL. Or, could we:
> >
> >1) have an alternate TDL tempalte
> >2) ditch TDL and have image factory get the kickstart from foreman directly?
> >
> Image Factory hands the TDL off to Oz. Ditching TDL would mean Image Factory ditches Oz, and I think the scope of work would quickly increase.  I recommend we do not ditch TDL and instead translate the ks from foreman into a valid TDL.
> https://github.com/clalancette/oz/blob/master/docs/tdl.rng

Fair enough. I think both BK and I would prefer to de-emphasize TDL as
a first-class citizen -- i.e. something we document and tell people
"you must write your component outlines this way" -- but I see no
reason to rush around and make more work for ourselves by ditching it
in a hurry.

--Hugh

--
== Hugh Brock, hbrock at redhat.com                                   ==
== Engineering Manager, Cloud BU                                   ==

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
--Robert McCloskey