aeolus-configure 2.6.1

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 16:00:37 UTC 2012

On 17/07/2012, at 1:06 AM, Marcus Moeller wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>
> you increased Karma on aeolus-configure:
>
> justinclift - 2012-07-13 13:46:08 (karma 1)
> Yeah, that's on purpose.  It's supposed to be created
> automatically again now (like it did in older
> versions), without needing to be specified on the
> command line.
>
> But as mentioned on the mailinglist, the admin account is not created automatically using this version of the scripts.

Well asked. :)

There are two er... "matching sets" of rpms to know about here:

  a) aeolus-conductor v 0.10.4, with
     aeolus-configure v 2.6.0

  b) aeolus-conductor v 0.10.5, with
     aeolus-configure v 2.6.1

By "matched sets" I'm meaning that mixing between them
(ie conductor 0.10.5 + configure 2.6.0) results in a broken
setup.  This is what _I think_ happened to you.  (?)

With aeolus-conductor 0.10.4 + aeolus-configure 2.6.0,
the person installing them needs to do the "-p admin" bit
for aeolus-configure.

The later ones don't need it, because _together_ they've got
the right bits in place to automatically create it.

_In theory_ those earlier version rpms should have been
updated in the stable repo with the newer conductor 0.10.5
and configure 2.6.1 rpms.  Both at the same time. (to avoid
broken systems)

_In reality_ though, things didn't go like that.  The newer
conductor rpms made it into the stable repo, but the new
configure one didn't.  (it's just been scheduled)

Result -> People will need to manually ensure they have a
matching rpm set, else they won't be able to log into their
new Aeolus system.  It could be this way for 48 hours or
so too, until the F16 mirror propagation thing happens.

Did I explain that decently, and was that helpful to get
your system into a working state? :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--