‘stateful’ object styles & codepen.io

Jaromír Coufal jcoufal at redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 11:14:53 UTC 2012

Hi Andy,

few days ago you posted previous version to irc #cloudforms-ui and I
replied there, maybe you missed my post so here it is:

I don't see that much into the workflows yet, but I have just one note
regarding frequency of use of functions Stop / Delete / Pause / Resume:
The question is what functions user works the most with? For me the
order Stop, Delete, Pause is quite confusing and can lead to misuse of
Delete button (situated between Stop and Pause). Is Delete really that
often used? And even if so, wouldn't it be better to reorder it to
sequence Pause, Stop, Delete (move Delete to the end)? Then it means
also to switch Resume and Delete (for Delete to be the last as well and
keep Resume on the similar position as Pause).

And as for better UX, icons for these functions would be very helpful
for user in orientation (maybe text caption will not be necessary anymore).

Also color coding could help (red for delete, dark grey for stop, grey
for pause, green for resume) - might be highlighted only for hover. In
this case for .problem instance I would keep default color for function
buttons the same as in other states - light gray.

In previous version, I liked stripes for frozen state which are no more
there :( The message was more clear.

Jarda