Status of OpenStack Support

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Thu Jul 12 21:32:44 UTC 2012

On 13/07/2012, at 3:37 AM, Steve Linabery wrote:
<snip>
>>> What version of deltacloud-core are you using? (I'm speculating that this might be relevant to your error.)
>>
>> I am using: deltacloud-core-0.5.0-2
>>
>> Greets
>> Marcus
>
> You might try 0.5.0-10 for f16 (yum --enablerepo=updates-testing), but I don't know if this will solve your issue.

Good thinking.  deltacloud-core-0.5.0-10 was pushed to the Fedora 16 "stable" repositories a few days ago, but probably hasn't propagated to all of the mirrors so far.

Marcus, that newer Deltacloud-core rpm is important, as it fixes a number of shortcomings with things.  For example, using the older deltacloud-core, most instance types aren't available in EC2.

After you've updated the deltacloud-core rpm, please wipe and redo the Aeolus configuration:

  $ sudo aeolus-cleanup
  $ sudo aeolus-configure -p admin,ec2,whatever_else_you_need_here

That's needed because Aeolus sets up some configuration information internally when aeolus-configure is run, and doesn't refresh it dynamically (yet).

If that does or doesn't help, please let us know either way.  It's useful info for everyone else interested in the OpenStack support too. :)

Workable?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--