RFC: Launch requests blocking on approval (#3402)

Tomas Sedovic tsedovic at redhat.com
Wed Jul 4 12:19:24 UTC 2012

On 07/04/2012 01:25 PM, Jan Provaznik wrote:
> Hi,
> draft is on wiki:
> https://www.aeolusproject.org/redmine/projects/aeolus/wiki/Launch_requests_blocking_on_approval
>

> It's just a kick off of discussion about this topic. I tried to keep
> things simple in the draft for the beginning.
>
> Suggestions and comments are welcome.
>
> Jan

This looks great. I have a few notes and questions:

1) Do we really want to delete the approval requests/responses? I think
would make sense to keep them around for auditing. Especially if we
allow multiple users to approve a requests in the future.

2) Would it make sense to add an optional text field to both the request
and the approve form? The person doing the request could enter why they
want this deployment. The pool owner could in turn specify the reason
for rejection.

If a pool owner has multiple users asking for deployments, this would
make it easier to keep track of all the requests.

3) This may be obvious but it wasn't mentioned in the doc: ideally, the
email notification sent to the approver would contain a link that gets
them directly to the page with the "Approve" and "Reject" buttons.

It would be awesome if they could make the action directly from the
email but that would be harder to implement and there are some security
concerns.

Thomas