aeolus-configure error

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Wed Feb 29 11:23:18 UTC 2012

On 02/28/2012 01:15 PM, Russell Builta wrote:
> RHEV validation error: could not find path /var/nfs-export in data center 76eb9fae-2214-4afb-98ad-eada4811377c in a storage domain where type = "export" at /usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/manifests/profiles/rhevm.pp:51 on node cloudforms.etc.uspto.gov

Are you sure these are the correct settings for the RHEV configuration
and that the installation is accessible (eg no firewall, selinux, or
other security or other policies are getting in the way of this
verification?

Any way you could manually verify this outside the scope of
aeolus-configure?

> This is what my /etc/aeolus-configure/nodes/rhevm_configure file looks like:
>
> ------------------------
>
> [root at cloudforms nodes]# cat rhevm_configure
> ---
> parameters:
>   enable_https: true
>   enable_security: false
>   package_provider: rpm
> classes:
>   aeolus::conductor:
>   aeolus::image-factory:
>   aeolus::iwhd:
>   aeolus::deltacloud::core:
>   aeolus::profiles::rhevm:
>     instances:
>       default:
>         # Uncomment and provide values to match your RHEV environment.
>         #
>         # The data center id can be found through the RHEV REST API or by executing
>         # the following command. Note you may need to use insecure mode (-k).
>         # curl https://rhevm.example.org:8443/api/datacenters --user username at fqdn:password
>         #
>         # Values below are examples.
>         #
>           nfs_server: nfs-export.cloudtest.uspto.gov
>           nfs_export: /var/nfs-export
>           nfs_mount_point: /mnt/rhevm-nfs
>           deltacloud_username: <username>
>           deltacloud_password: <password>
>           deltacloud_api: https://rhevm-3.etc.uspto.gov:8443/api
>           deltacloud_data_center: 76eb9fae-2214-4afb-98ad-eada4811377c
>           push_timeout: 1800

> Now my question is if I have special characters do I need to add quotes? Thanks.
>
> Russell

Quotes definitely don't hurt, would give them a whirl. Also am assuming
you filled in the values of username / password and just left them blank
here for security purposes.

Also is 'deltacloud_data_center' supposed to be a UUID? Am not familiar
w/ that parameters, but the name seems to indicate the it'd be a fqdn or
similar unless I'm mistaken?

  -Mo