aeolus-configure error

Russell Builta rbuilta at redhat.com
Tue Feb 28 14:43:00 UTC 2012

In line -

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mo Morsi" <mmorsi at redhat.com>
To: aeolus-devel at lists.fedorahosted.org
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 12:25:46 PM
Subject: Re: aeolus-configure error

On 02/27/2012 10:46 AM, Russell Builta wrote:
> Running RHEL 6.2
>
> I've got the latest Beta bits from the redhat internal site.
> puppet-2.7.10-1.el6.noarch

Ah ok, the version of puppet in fedora is 2.6 which explains the
deprecation warning in the logs, still though, that seems to be
unrelated to the issue @ hand.

> Here is the debug:
> ----------------------
> [root at cloudforms ~]# aeolus-configure -d
> Launching aeolus configuration recipe...
> info: Loading facts in /usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules//aeolus/lib/facter/oauth.rb
> debug: Executing '/bin/sh /usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/aeolus-node default_configure cloudforms.etc.uspto.gov'
> info: Loading facts in /usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules//aeolus/lib/facter/oauth.rb
> debug: importing '/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/manifests/init.pp' in environment production
> debug: importing '/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/postgres/manifests/init.pp' in environment production
> debug: importing '/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/apache/manifests/init.pp' in environment production
> debug: importing '/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/manifests/rails.pp' in environment production
> debug: importing '/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/manifests/selinux.pp' in environment production
> debug: importing '/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/ntp/manifests/init.pp' in environment production
> debug: importing '/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/manifests/conductor.pp' in environment production
> debug: importing '/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/manifests/deltacloud.pp' in environment production
> debug: importing '/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/manifests/iwhd.pp' in environment production
> debug: importing '/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/manifests/image-factory.pp' in environment production
> debug: importing '/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/manifests/defaults.pp' in environment production
> debug: importing '/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/manifests/profiles/conductor.pp' in environment production
> debug: importing '/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/manifests/profiles/rhevm.pp' in environment production
> debug: importing '/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/manifests/profiles/ec2.pp' in environment production
> debug: importing '/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/manifests/profiles/vsphere.pp' in environment production
> debug: importing '/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/manifests/profiles/deltacloud.pp' in environment production
> debug: importing '/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/manifests/profiles/default.pp' in environment production
> debug: importing '/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/manifests/profiles/mock.pp' in environment production
> debug: importing '/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/manifests/profiles/imagebuilder.pp' in environment production
> debug: importing '/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/openssl/manifests/init.pp' in environment production
> Could not find class aeolus::conductor for cloudforms.etc on node cloudforms.etc
>
> There is no conductor.pp nor a cloudforms.etc.yml files.

Sorry that should be the contents of
/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/manifests/conductor.pp and
/etc/aeolus-configure/nodes/cloudforms.etc.uspto.gov  (unless it
contains private data of course,  I'm assuming you created this later
one yourself).

Contents of /usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/manifests/conductor.pp - Didn't see anything out of the norm.

Also did you create a
/usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/manifests/profiles/cloudforms.etc.uspto.gov.pp
file (or similar) and if so what does it contain?

No I did not.

Also I notice the debugging output pulls in the
"cloudforms.etc.uspto.gov" node, but the error simply refers to
"cloudforms.etc". Is it possible a naming discrepancy is throwing
something off?

No that was a copy/paste issue. It is supposed to be the fqdn.

   -Mo