aeolus-configure error

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Mon Feb 27 15:33:09 UTC 2012

On 02/27/2012 09:48 AM, Russell Builta wrote:
> Installing the beta bits at a customer site and not sure why I'mg getting this error:
>
> ---------------------------------------
> [root at cloudforms ~]# aeolus-configure
> Launching aeolus configuration recipe...
> Could not find class aeolus::conductor for cloudforms.etc on node cloudforms.etc
> ---------------------------------------

Hrm can you elaborate on the environment this is occurring in? What OS
are you trying this on and versions of ruby / puppet do you have
installed locally?

What version of aeolus do you have ($ rpm -qa  | grep aeolus) and where
are you obtaining it from?

Also could you attach the contents of
/etc/aeolus-configre/nodes/cloudforms.etc.yml and verify the contents of
conductor.pp  in  /usr/share/aeolus-configure/modules/aeolus/

Lastly if you run aeolus-configure w/ the '-d' flag you will get
debugging output which may also help.

> Logs:
> /var/log/aeolus-configure/aeolus-configure.log
> Mon Feb 27 09:39:22 -0500 2012 Puppet (warning): Implicit invocation of 'puppet apply' by passing files (or flags) directly
> to 'puppet' is deprecated, and will be removed in the 2.8 series.  Please
> invoke 'puppet apply' directly in the future.

Doesn't look terribly relevant to the issue at hand (just a deprecation
warning about a command line flag) but I've never seen this before.
Possible an issue w/ an issue w/ incompatible puppet versions?

   -Mo