conductor html improvements

Andy Fitzsimon afitzsim at redhat.com
Wed Feb 22 10:05:36 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I'll save it for tomorrow to do a proper writeup and finish the mockup
but i've added some of the things i've been working on
(with lots of help from Tomas) here.

https://github.com/andyfitz/mockductor/tree/master/static

I'll merge it into the conductor UI repo soon too

Basically this gives more power to the stylesheet and simplifies the html view structure and linking workflows hugely.
a very immature state of an example app is here. no it won't work in old browsers but now supporting them will be much much easier.
 http://file.bne.redhat.com/~afitzsim/static/login.html
(sorry about the internal link)

Four things to think of about

* any view can be activated or have any content from it inlined simply with a link.
* no stylistic classes to worry about remembering, functional classes only (e.g. .active not .tab or .left-120)
* no bitmaps or images to maintain, slice or cringe at when scaled
* Eventually three http requests only (css,js,html) (which we could even inline to one)
* freakin tiny
* more control to css, less maintaining html.

initial thoughts ?