RFC: Role name change

Jason Guiditta jguiditt at redhat.com
Mon Feb 20 22:50:00 UTC 2012

Hello list,

I was just looking at seeds.rb to see about extracting our role names
into i18n files so we can leverage the configuration I added there
last week, and noticed what seems to me to be a minor inconsistency.
Disregarding role with the name 'Administrator', it seems most of our
roles are named:
"{object name} user"
or
"{object name} owner"

There are 2 exceptions I see to this - the Instance and Deployment
objects.  These both use 'Controller' instead of 'User'.

I would like to propose making those consistent as part of
the patch I am working on, unless there is some reason they are like
this of which I am unaware.  Thoughts?

-j