Git Workflow for aeolus components

Steve Linabery slinaber at redhat.com
Fri Feb 17 21:46:25 UTC 2012

Hi aeolus community.

Apologies for the back-and-forth on git workflow. I think, based on the responses in the previous thread on this topic, that we have consensus around moving (back!) to what jayg was calling 'Option 1'.

Restating what jayg proposed in his previous thread on this topic:

1. All development happens on master
2. If there is a bugfix for a previous release that would go into a maintenance release, that gets cherry-picked off master and put on the release branch.
3. At the end of a sprint or set of sprints, another 'major' release branch is created off of master with its own set of bugfix releases.

This approach, like the other approach, carries with it its own set of challenges, but I think it will be the least error-prone and least onerous for developers.

If there is any lingering confusion, please irc eggs (me), eck, or jayg.

Thank you!
Steve Linabery