RFC: #786844 - Detection of deleted instances

Matt Wagner matt.wagner at redhat.com
Thu Feb 9 15:52:23 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 10:37:51AM -0500, Mo Morsi wrote:
> Hrm was more curious as to when conductor actually queries deltacloud
> to update instance state and other attributes?

Oh, I see what you meant now. Right now what happens is that dbomatic
runs every $dbomatic_timeout seconds (defaults to 60).

> Again this ultimately boils down to keeping the overall problem of
> keeping the cloud data that is cached in the local db in sync w/ the
> actual data provided by the cloud.

Indeed. The long-term question is what to do when we find odd
inconsistencies. For the most part we've ignored these events, since we
don't presume that all instances were launched by us. But it's
increasingly seeming like, in some cases, ignoring them isn't the right
course of action. So in this case, the tweak is that, if an instance is
in our database but not the cloud provider, we want to remove it from
our database (and log an event) to keep them in sync.