RFC: #786844 - Detection of deleted instances

Matt Wagner matt.wagner at redhat.com
Thu Feb 9 15:05:51 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 09:53:53AM -0500, Mo Morsi wrote:
> How configurable can we make this delay? Eg can we allow the admin to
> change the granularity of the poll interval? Or the number of failed
> attempts before deleting the record? Or is this done on a per-request
> basis or such?

We *could*, but I'm not sure I see the benefit. This whole approach is
somewhat of a stop-gap until we can implement cleaner handling here, so
giving people knobs to tweak these parameters now would just distract us
from fixing the real underlying issue. I'll implement them as constants
so we can at least tweak them at the top of the file if you really need
to, as opposed to having magic numbers sprinkled throughout the code.