[Important] We are going to switch using gettext for i18n

Jozef Zigmund jzigmund at redhat.com
Fri Dec 7 15:34:20 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'd like to announce the change of i18n way in Conductor.

Experiences from previous cooperation with Zanata team (i18n team from
RH) showed us that using default rails i18n way hasnt been fitted to our
needs.

We had to convert our YML dictionaries to PO files and vise versa.
Unfortunately the conversion wasn't smooth so we decided to convert all
strings in code to gettext format. (the same approach of i18n is using
Katello)

The conversion to gettext format is done ( see pull request
https://github.com/aeolusproject/conductor/pull/163  - need review)

Information about 'How to use gettext' for developers can find in our
wiki page.
https://redmine.aeolusproject.org/redmine/projects/aeolus/wiki/Internationalization

--
Jozef