Get your work done from GCI students

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Wed Dec 5 13:32:52 UTC 2012

On 05/12/2012, at 1:58 PM, Mo Morsi wrote:
<snip>
> Heh you have to remember these are high school students, so our menial
> tasks are their real world experience (don't know about you but in high
> school I was working at a hot dog stand).

At the same time, it probably wouldn't hurt to make the projects as
_interesting_ as possible.  When in high school I was still coding in
assembler (demo scene, DOS tsr's, etc) after school.

<snip>
>> I'm kind of asking here because I wonder if these are the sort of things
>> the project is actually looking for. Do you have a link to the actual
>> Google program?
>>
> http://code.google.com/opensource/gci/2012/index.html

Interesting, that includes UX stuff:

  5. User Interface: Tasks related to user experience research or user
                     interface design and interaction

Maybe Jarda and/or the other Alchemy guys would have some suitable
tasks in mind?

+ Justin

--
Aeolus Cloud Evangelist