RFC: Integrating Aeolus with Heat

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 11:47:27 UTC 2012

On 22/08/2012, at 2:15 AM, Tomas Sedovic wrote:
<snip>
> ### Is Heat going to be the only way to launch deployments in Conductor or will it be an optional part? ###
>
> We will need to see how stable and usable Heat is. How easy it is to deploy and keep up (it would be another dependency, after all) and how much benefit and code cleanup it brings to Aeolus.

From a Aeolus SysAdmins' point of view, at the moment there is a
"Config Server" section in each Cloud Provider account for
Audrey.

 i.e. place to add the Audrey https url, plus oauth info for it

Are Heat's configuration concepts similar enough to Audrey that
we could re-use the same Config Server section in the UI?

Obviously with different code behind the scenes.  Just wondering
if it needs to be a user visible change. ;)

+ Justin

--
Aeolus Community Manager
http://www.aeolusproject.org