Design of Forms

Jaromír Coufal jcoufal at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 14:23:16 UTC 2012

>   * Coloured borders for warnings/errors.  Very nice.
>
>     I kind of wonder what green borders on properly filled out fields would
>     look like.  Tried to make it happen in Codepen, didn't figure it out. :(
Check here: http://codepen.io/coufalj/pen/DdAEe ;)

I didn't want to stress success out that much, I wanted to keep approach
"if something goes wrong, then highlight it, if everything is going
smoothly, let user know but don't point it out and let him continue in
his work".

> The one thing I'm slightly unsure of, is why is there pop up help text over
> titles on the left (i.e. "? Text input") as well as on the right hand side?
>
> Guessing the pop up stuff is just for us looking at the example on Codepen?
Idea was to:
1) Give user quick hint how to fill the input (right hand). There is
already an example of it.
2) Next to the label, on the left hand side, is situated help for the
label as a concept itself. If there is some hardly understandable term
for user, he can quickly get to know, what this term means. In most
cases this one won't be used, but there might occure some situation,
were it would be needed. Hardly looking for some example right now...
not very good one but at least some: at the very beginning, for me it
was hard to know what "realm" is - novice guy - and some quick help
would help :)

I see that this one is little bit confusing for more people. Maybe
something like underlining label with dashed line would help to
understand it better ( http://codepen.io/coufalj/pen/FexCd)?

-- Jarda

--
Jaromír Coufal

Interaction Designer
Red Hat Czech s.r.o.

Mobile: +420 724 595 508
E-mail: jcoufal at redhat.com
IRC: jcoufal at #cloudforms-ui, #aeolus, #brno