presenting Aeolus at the OLF

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Tue Aug 14 21:00:38 UTC 2012

On 08/13/2012 06:04 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
> On 14/08/2012, at 7:59 AM, Vinny Valdez wrote:
> <snip>
>> USB keys with material about the project, maybe some demo videos (I am working on a JBoss screencast), or maybe even a live Fedora install with aeolus and katello already running on it?
> Excellent ideas.  Just added them to Mo's Redmine ticket about it:
>
>   https://www.aeolusproject.org/redmine/issues/3694
>
> + Justin
>
> --
> Aeolus Community Manager
> http://www.aeolusproject.org

Yes agree this is a cool idea. Was thinking about something along these
lines. If it's feasible in addition to having some pre-recorded
material, I'd like to setup a couple of vm's acting as 'cloud
providers'. Stuff like openstack [1], ovirt, perhaps vmware, and/or
other suites that I could run locally and then use Aeolus to deploy the
same templates to and monitor the instances with (i've been notified
that internet isn't guaranteed during the presentation so ec2 would not
be possible).

I could create a live image replicating the setup and hand out disks /
usb keys so people could easily try it out. Of course this will all
depend on time constraints, but will get a start on this sooner than
later (flushing out the strategy via the redmine ticket first)

  -Mo

[1]
http://www.redhat.com/about/news/press-archive/2012/8/red-hat-announces-preview-version-of-enterprise-ready-openstack-distribution