Feedback needed for design of Flash messages

Matt Wagner matt.wagner at redhat.com
Tue Aug 14 16:31:03 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 05:28:43PM +0200, Jaromír Coufal wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have designed little bit better visible and usable flash messages
> for our Conductor UI with much easier structure of HTML and using RH
> official color palette.
>
> http://codepen.io/coufalj/pen/jGspz
>
> What do you think about it?

I think these look much nicer!

However, I've noticed in the past that people can overlook our flash
messages because they can be so subtle. I think these will help, but I
wonder if it's worth giving them more aggressive backgrounds or
something.

I'm not sure it's as attractive, but I just forked that and put this
together: http://codepen.io/n1zyy/pen/xvfms

(Also: my first entry on codepen.io -- nifty site!)

I just set a background-color set to a lighten()'d version of the border
color. They're maybe a bit uglier, but they're harder to miss.

Just a thought, in any case.