VMPayload changes in oVirt 3.1

Hugh Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Sat Aug 11 15:59:06 UTC 2012

(cc-ing lutter)

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 01:31:33AM +1000, Justin Clift wrote:
> Hi Michal,
>
> Was trying to get user_data working on the newly released
> oVirt 3.1.  But, no joy so far.
>
> With oVirt 3.1, its supposed to be an inbuilt feature now
> instead of needing a special hook installed.
>
> Looking at the oVirt 3.1 which implemented, seems like
> it's advertised differently now.  No longer in the
> "Capabilities" list?
>
>   http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/3460/10/backend/manager/modules/restapi/interface/definition/src/main/resources/api.xsd
>
> Looking at that side by side diff, does that seem right
> to you?
>
> The full oVirt change set is here if that's interesting:
>
>   http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/3460/
>
> Wish I'd thought to look at this yesterday.  Already
> reformatted the boxes. (no longer oVirt 3.1) ;>

It certainly does look like it's advertised differently now.

David or Michal, can we get one of you to connect with Shahar or the
appropriate person on the oVirt crew and figure out exactly what the
changes are and what the corresponding Deltacloud change needs to be?

We can't blame them too badly for changing the API since the one we were
using before was officially unsupported anyway...

It would be nice to Know For Sure so that Justin doesn't have to waste
any more time chasing bad leads on this.

Thanks,
--Hugh

--
== Hugh Brock, hbrock at redhat.com                                   ==
== Engineering Manager, Cloud BU                                   ==

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
--Robert McCloskey