Explanatory guide text in Conductor?

Matt Wagner matt.wagner at redhat.com
Wed Aug 8 20:51:03 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 06:35:16AM +1000, Justin Clift wrote:

> Would a visual progress tracker be useful here too?
>
> Something like this one:
>
>   http://media.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/mrandmrsSmith_pr.gif
>
> That's from an article Matt pointed out a few months
> ago for a similar thing (but for our docs):
>
>   http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/01/15/progress-trackers-in-web-design-examples-and-best-design-practices/

I thought about this. I really like the idea, but I'm not sure how it
would work in practice, because you don't necessarily have to follow a
prescribed flow.

You _can_ upload a template, build an image, create a deployable, and
then launch it. But you might just build an image from an existing
template but not launch it today. Or you might upload a template, build
an image, and then go off and set up a catalog.

Then again, maybe those workflows need some attention.