Bundler, aeolus-image gem from rubygems.org

John Eckersberg jeckersb at redhat.com
Tue Aug 7 12:56:18 UTC 2012

Jiří Stránský <jstransk at redhat.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> right now the latest aeolus-image gem on rubygems.org is 0.4, which is a
> bit out of date and doesn't work fully with current Conductor from
> master. This forced me to abandon "the Bundler way" and develop with
> system gems.
>
> I want to ask -- should/will we support Bundler development environment
> setup?
>
> I know our primary focus is compatibility with packaged gems, but I
> think Bundler is nice for quick tinkering with dependencies without
> actually touching system setup and might come in handy in some
> situations. What do you guys think?
>

> Best wishes,
>
> Jirka

I've also noticed[1] that we need to update the aeolus-image gem anyways
for F18, since the 0.5.0 RPM in rawhide depends on activeresource ~>
3.0.10, but activeresource has been updated to 3.2.7.

That aside, yes, we should make sure to get that updated on rubygems.org
to work with the latest (upstream-released) conductor.

[1] https://www.aeolusproject.org/redmine/issues/3599