I was wondering if any of you will go to SF Adacamp: http://sf.adacamp.org/
I will participate and It will be really nice to meet some of the Fedora
Women as I am pretty new in the community!
Stefania Ioana Chiorean
Mozilla Reps Council Member
On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 8:58 AM, nitesh narayan lal
> But do you have any specific plans such as conducting events etc for
> making Fedora-women active (its a good idea).
> Then you can certainly share it here, We will try to help you as much
> as possible .
I will see what can be done.
0. I am seeing a lack of direction (apart from inactivity) at
1. The goal of improving collaboration within Fedora is definitely
sensible, but we need to look beyond.
2. Initiatives within Fedora : A FAS group will be useful.
3. If we need to reach out/ expand free s/w network then apart from
s/w related aspects we need to look at other avenues.
4. Different regions and cultures of oppression exist. We need to
address them differently.
5. A Fedora distribution (or any spin) is not customized for any group
of people: by way of themes, information (that go beyond
documentation). Can we have spins that address
a. rights including things like the s/w in
http://www.huridocs.org/research-development/ and related
b. lack of basic knowledge among people that lead to social evils.
c. Other kinds of basic knowledge that can empower people. This is
going beyond the education spins.
and free software that provide the same (instead of dumping entire
Wikipedia / links on people).
(that is some work)
6. There are innumerable rights to be fought for and rights are a way
of reaching out to people.
Events will keep happening ... but there should be different kinds of events.
CU, ASL, AMS, CLC, CMS