On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 7:24 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
On Tue, 2016-04-19 at 17:50 +0200, Tom H wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 5:09 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
> <pocallaghan(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2016-04-19 at 15:49 +0200, Tom H wrote:
>>> This thread finally explains why you had a virbr0 a few months ago
>>> that wasn't created by libvirt but was messing up your dnsmasq
>> You have a good memory :-)
> Sometimes. I can't remember what the resolution was...
> But I do remember that didn't really make sense and found it
Apparently at the time I changed from NAT to Bridged networking, which
fixed it (don't ask me why). However removing the redundant file seems
to be the way to go. It's now back to NAT.
With bridged networking, your guest'll use your lan's dhcp server
(assuming that you're not using static addresses) rather than a local
BTW, I'd give the URL of the old thread but I can't find it on the
list archives. My original post is from 17/12/2015 if you want to
search for it, but I'm afraid the new archive page defeats me. It
seems quite astoundingly slow and hard to use compared to the old one.
The search function couldn't find the thread when I looked for it and
there appears to be no way to list threads the way one used to be able
It wasn't in December.
My complaint about the new archives is that the default's 10 threads
per page. So I went to Feb and then Jan and expanded them to 200
threads (the max) and searched (the page not the "db") for "dnsmasq".
Thankfully Feb had 104 threads (or "discussions") and Jan had 125 so
they were all on one page.
This was the thread:
If I search the list for "dnsmasq" via the search box, I get
and neither of your two dnsmasq Jan threads appear. Also the search
results' page only displays 10 emails and it's unchangeable. (I've
never used the previous archive format's search function.)