On 4/16/05, VB <vboyt(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
I am running Gnome. I was thinking of installing
gnome-bluetooth but don't know if this will allow me
to use hcitool or if I would have to do all my
bluetooth related actions through gnome-bluetooth??
I'm relatively new still to linux and fedora, but this is what I've
been able to do with my desktop and a bluetooth USB dongle, using
1) usually I have to hotplug in the dongle (not a big surprise,
sometimes need to do that in xp too).
2) I have to set my bluetooth devices (cellphone and PDA) to be
"visible"... still haven't figured out proper pairing yet. :-)
3) in "System Tools - Bluetooth Manager" you should be able to now see
4) then click on "System Tools - Bluetooth File Sharing" (a little
bluetooth icon should then appear on your gnome panel).
5) now I can send any files from my computer to either device (by
right-clicking on a file).
I still haven't had time to figure out any more functions but this got
me started and did what I initially needed to do. I hope maybe that
Mozilla Firefox -rediscover the web-