On Mon, 27 Sep 2010, Silent-Hunter wrote:
On 01/-10/-28163 11:59 AM, James McKenzie wrote:
> On 9/26/10 6:02 PM, Silent-Hunter wrote:
>> Hi! My Canon BJC-70 will not print yellow or any colour that requires
>> yellow. It prints other colours, but none that contain yellow. I have
>> tried everything, including compiling the latest GhostScript. Please
> Stupid question, but does it pass the self test?
> James McKenzie
Does the BJC-70 have one? It's a pretty old printer.
There are several printer self-tests all accessed the same way.
* Make sure the sheet feeder contains a stack of paper, and the
* printer is turned on.
* Press and hold the MENU button until the second beep.
* The Word "FONT" disappears from the display and the number starts
* Press the CARTRIDGE button until the number you require appears -
* see list below for what each number does.
o 2. All modes pattern -
this shows all the characters in various pitches and heights.
o 3. Ripple pattern -
this prints a staggered list of all the characters.
o 4. Nozzle pattern -
this prints a series of horizontal lines to
make sure the nozzle is functioning correctly.
o 6. Test Pattern - this prints a Canon BJ-30 Description.
o 7. Font Pattern -
this prints all characters in the available
print styles and pitches in each control mode.
* Press MENU to start the test.
I edited to avoid line-wrap,
but there was no 5 in the original.
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.
Optimist: The glass is half full.
Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be."