My intension is to get spamassasin to process ALL the emails that pass
through my sendmail,
even those forwarded on to external email addresses through
IF YOU HAVE AN ANSWER AT THIS POINT, PLEASE JUMP IN AND TELL ME WHAT TO LOOK
I have sendmail working fine, a large virtusertable working fine, aliases
working fine, ...
I don't currently use procmail, and don't think I want to. All my email goes
After much web searching, I found out that the normal use of spamassasin is
but I don't want to use this method because it would miss out all my
After a bit more web searching, I found:
which looks like it is exactly what I want - although it does not state if
its processing happens
before or after virtusertable is applied ?
BUT, to use this milter-spamc, I need sendmail to be configured with the
Milter API enabled,
and to build libmilter too.
So my question(s) are:
1) is sendmail with FC1.0 compiled with the Milter API enabled ?
2) if not, is there anything I need to consider in downloading the source
and installing from
that - other than following the normal instructions ?
3) has anyone else used libmilter in FC1.0 - and any issues ?
4) does the Milter API process emails before or after
5) has anyone also used milter-spamc - and any issues ?
6) if there is a bigger advantage to using procmail (inplace of aliases and
please let me know so I can switch to this method.
ps. if Fedora sendmail is not configured with the Milter API enabled -
please can it be ?
As it is supplied without the source (I believe), would it be better to have
enabled by default ?
Get a FREE connection, FREE modem and one month's FREE line rental, plus a
US or European flight when you sign up for BT Broadband!