C. Linus Hicks wrote:
It doesn't look like an issue since the driver is detecting the
rate of 5mb/s, but you could try setting that rate in the SCSI adapter
for that SCSI ID. Also, you might want to see if you can get this tape
drive working on another system.
I tried setting the transfer rate to 5mb/s in the BIOS. No dice.
However I did notice the following error in dmesg after I tried to
access the device with mt:
st0: try direct i/o: yes (alignment 512 B), max page reachable by HBA
For someone who avoids SCSI, you sure do have a lot of SCSI
in this machine.
The only real device is this Adaptec card. The rest are a 6-in-1 USB
card reader and a large IDE drive in a USB enclosure as a backup device.
Greg Gulik http://www.gulik.org/greg/
greg @ gulik.org