I have the java applet not initialized problem also and have solved it.
I think there is a conflict between jre java-plugin and IcedTea plugin. so I removed
IcedTea and java applet is now working.
1. Download jre-6u1-linux-i586.bin
2. su-->pwd-->mv jre-6u1-linux-i586.bin to /usr/local
3. chmod a+x jre-6u1-linux-i586.bin
4. verify permissions: ls -l
6. Do you agree? Yes.-->Done
7. It's installed under: /usr/local/jre1.6.0_01
8. cd ../lib/firefox-188.8.131.52/plugins/
9. ln -s
10.Edit > Preferences. Under Advanced category >
Select Enable Java
--delete ICedTea plugin (having conflict with Java Plugin)
I got this help from a forum but forget the source.
p/s: use about :plugins to check what plugin has been loaded in firefox
hope this help :-)
This is an email sent via The Fedora Community Portal https://fcp.surfsite.org
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster(a)fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame