Dear translation team,
here is my Flock proposal for a workshop dedicated to the translation
platform migration plan.
You're welcome to discuss this proposal here, in IRC (fedora-i18n) or on
All needed information about Flock: http://flocktofedora.org
Have a nice day
-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : [flock] Issue #144: Fedora translation platform - validating
the migration plan
Date : Fri, 31 May 2019 13:05:33 +0000 (UTC)
De : Jean-Baptiste Holcroft <pagure(a)pagure.io>
Répondre à :
Pour : jean-baptiste(a)holcroft.fr
jibecfed reported a new issue against the project: `flock` that you are
# What is your proposal?
Quoting @bex on [translation mailing list (may 22nd
"Zanata no longer has a functioning upstream and is on "ping and power"
level life support to keep our instance running. At this time there is
no reason to believe the project will become viable so we need to
consider where we want to host our translation in the future."
From what we know, we'll probably have to migrate to
[weblate](https://weblate.org) (see footnote: why weblate?) but there is
a lot to decide before starting a migration. Work is ongoing to
consolidate our needs and to draw a migration strategy.
We'll have to decide:
1. Where to host it, there pros/cons in hosting it ourselves vs. pay
Weblate for it.
2. What features improvements we want and what we can pay for.
3. What is the migration plan itself (what is to be done, when, where we
start from, who coordinate, who has to contribute)
# Who _in addition to the speaker_ needs to be in the room for this to
List each person by their name and FAS ID, as shown below:
* Any active l10n or i18n contributor willing to help for the migration,
* At least one person to represent council: we need to know what's the
amount of money we can reasonably invest)
* At least one person from infrastructure team: maybe they can't or
don't want to host Weblate for some reasons
* Any maintainer or project currently using Zanata: we'll need to start
# Is this a…
* 2 hours: **Workshop**
# Anything else we need to know?
A draft of the migration will be ready for Flock.
# Who are you?
* Name: Jean-Baptiste Holcroft
* FAS ID: jibecfed
* IRC Nick, if not FAS ID: jibec
## why weblate?
There is only a few major open-source translation platform able to
support as Fedora: Zanata, Pootle, Pontoon and Weblate. Zanata is dead,
Pootle looks the same, and Pontoon from Mozilla is focused on Mozilla's
use-case and isn't really a generic solution.
To reply, visit the link below or just reply to this email