On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 7:20 PM Jean-Baptiste <jean-baptiste(a)holcroft.fr> wrote:
As Fedora 32 schedule isn't really decided yet, this may move a one or
As Jean-Baptiste said, the Fedora 32 schedule isn't finalized yet, but
the dates should not vary by more than one or two weeks. (The schedule
should be approved by the end of August). I agree with the milestones
outlined in the wiki page. From a Change proposal standpoint, it would
be best to do this as a System-Wide Change proposal (due 2019-01-07),
but I could also make a case for calling it a self-contained change.
But the deadline shouldn't be an issue, as you'll want to get this
started as soon as possible.
What worries me is to make sure we have all upstream project to
understand the behavior of the new translation platform (direct
connection to git instead of manual push/pull), and to find the best way
to handle new processes with them (git branches will be used by Weblate).
If it would be helpful, I'd be happy to help you come up with a
project plan and timeline so we can see how the migration will work. I
can see the migration of the website, for example, being a long item,
simply because of the workload on the CPE team.
So far, no alternative proposed to Weblate. If you have a tool and
demonstrate it answer our community needs, remember it really is open
Speaking strictly from a project success perspective (as I have no
experience with any translation tooling), we should make a final
decision on the platform very soon or else target Fedora 33.
He / Him / His
Fedora Program Manager