My name is Teemu Vartiainen (vartsu)
I'm from Finland, age 33. I have been working with Linux about 4 years.
I haven't translate anything yet, but i will try :)
I need a sponsor, can someone sponsor me?
I'm Ricardo Pinto, live in Aveiro, the Venice of Portugal.
My FAS username is ricardopinto, and I've already been approved to
I'm an informatics teacher, working with programming languages (Pascal,
C, VB, Java), configured and maintain schools site (Joomla), configured
and maintain a Linux server that provide Moodle to school.
Completed a degree in Electronics and Computer Science at the University
of Aveiro in 2004. Had some contact Unix and Linux, but began more
seriously later with Fedora Core 4.
I've already collaborated in the translation of some software, but never
with the l10n or with another distribution of Linux.
Reading English is like to read Portuguese to me (much better than the
writing...), so I'm here to help!
[ricardo@ASUSPC ~]$ gpg --fingerprint 65F1250F
pub 1024D/65F1250F 2009-02-01
Key fingerprint = CBE0 DDD9 2071 F256 9DA5 1D57 098F A5A6 65F1
uid Ricardo Jorge Loureiro Bigote Pinto
sub 2048g/65EAB261 2009-02-01
- Dimitris Glezos
- Diego Búrigo Zacarão
- Asgeir Frimannsson
- Ankit Patel
- Transifex running on pt14 happily
- Submission support added. Statistics are updated automatically with
- Transifex Packaging:
- Plan A is to put the RPM in yum
- Still work to do before submitting spec files for review
- Feedback needed from package reviewers
- In need for some more reviewers and packaging hackers to provide
Django project packaging- Announcing Transifex test instance
- Plan B is to put the RPM on Infrastructure
- Spec file probably already ready for this
- Target date for FAS working: String freeze
- Policy for submissions: Translators are encouraged not to use pt14 for
important bits (eg. submission) but wait for a stable Tx-new version
- Most likely to use translate.fpo instead of transifex.fpo
- Use translate.fpo/transifex/ for new instance. When 100% ready, move
/dl/ and use / for new Transifex
- Friday the day for testing pt14, Monday the day for deploying on
- DL Team pages missing from Tx now.
- Use DL page and try in parallel to have it ready in Tx by string
- Alternatively: We can use the wiki page to provide the information
Page. OR the Languages page should be edited with language
mailing list information, which is what the basic difference between
Languages page and Teams page.
- Publican support: Deadline is start of April
- Needs 1-2 days to be finished in DL
- Diego: 1-2 days as well to add in Transifex. Goal is to do this
- Need to discuss how we could store the stats for it
- Testing of the new instance of Tx: Monday 8 UTC. Ankit & Some other
member from l10n team.
- Next meeting: Tuesday 8 UTC
My name is Jorge Gallegos, just completed the steps in the translation
QS guide, below you can find my info:
* Legal Name: Jorge A Gallegos
* Current Location: Aguascalientes, Mexico
* Username: kad, you can check my user wikipage at
* Team: Spanish team
* Status: Currently employed as a web developer
* Me and Fedora: You could say I got the taste of a linux distro
thanks to RedHat 7.0 circa 2001. From then on I've tried every major
distro out there mostly to take a look, however I just keep coming back
to fedora as my main platform, and has been like that since fc1
* Other projects: I'm currently taking a look at the packager
requirements, which is something I'd like to work on. Websites sounds
* Historical qualifications: I have contributed to some OSS projects
for a while now, as a developer and also translator. I was the lead
spanish translator for the Jaws Project (a CMS-type framework) and
contributed occasionally to other translation efforts. I wrote a couple
of articles for the (then new) fedora news site some years ago.
* Skills: I have worked as a web developer with several languages such
as java and php, sysadmin and mysql dba, occasional python coder... I
have some project management training/experience under my arm too and a
lot of team experience.
* GPG: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xAF056059
$ gpg --fingerprint AF056059
pub 1024D/AF056059 2009-01-12
Key fingerprint = 6274 9521 5B55 57CA 543F 81CF B6C3 33C1 AF05 6059
uid Jorge A Gallegos (kad@torrgg) <kad(a)blegh.net>
sub 2048g/6A77FBA6 2009-01-12
Anyway, I think that should cover most of the stuff in the QS guide.
I'll try to be as helpful as possible, and will try to have fun at the
same time :)
The Portuguese stats are all at 0% (except one). Are any upgrades being
done to the system?
GlobalTek - Soluções Informáticas, Lda.
Rua Augusto Luso, 121
T: +351 938 391 608
AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDADE
Esta mensagem e quaisquer ficheiros anexos a ela são confidenciais e
destinam-se a uso exclusivo da pessoa ou entidade a quem são
dirigidos. Se não é o destinatário da mensagem ou a pessoa responsável
pelo seu encaminhamento ao respectivo destinatário, fica informado de
que recebeu esta mensagem por engano, e de que qualquer utilização,
distribuição, reencaminhamento ou outra forma de revelação a outrem,
impressão, ou cópia desta mensagem é expressamente proibido. Se
recebeu esta mensagem por engano, deverá destrui-la, eliminá-la do
sistema e informar o remetente ou a GlobalTek Lda. A GlobalTek Lda
utiliza software anti-vírus, no entanto, não obstante terem sido
tomadas todas as precauções, não pode garantir que a mensagem e seus
anexos não contêm vírus. É, assim, da responsabilidade do destinatário
assegurar que esta mensagem e seus anexos são submetidos a detector de
vírus antes de serem utilizados. Alerta-se no entanto que as mensagens
transmitidas por este meio podem ser interceptadas, corrompidas,
perdidas, destruídas ou chegarem ao destino com atraso.