Hello, Sarah and Jeremy!
We has discussed in June question about translation of FC3 Release
I understand Red Hat team should be very careful with this document but
end user is waiting good translation of whole product.
I suppose translation teams could provide good enough "unofficial"
translation of Release Notes.
I see some points to discuss:
- remark of "unofficial" status of translation in title
- copyright notice of original document and translation
- file format and encoding ( plain text and html in unicode UTF-8 )
Please find attached translation of Release Notes for FC3 test2 as
Russian translation team
I would like to announce that we reached 100% Arabic Translated
We still will go through a tough time unifying and tuning the
translation. Yet, the state on it right now is good enough. I would like
to thank the fedora team, and the arabic fedora arabic translation team.
I just noticed that there where a somewhat bad translation bug in the
norwegian translation of OpenOffice - as updated for FC2. When you
right-click a picture, some of the texts are in german!
If somebody could please check if this is the case on FC3 as well and
get it fixed before release?
It has a bugzilla:
which even includes some proposed translations. Sorry if i did not have
time for checking them well enough, but i was racing against a rapidly
running out laptop battery...
Kyrre Ness Sjøbæk
Got the following error message while updating the translation of
What to do?
[jamil@dev help]$ cvs commit -m "updated on 26 Sep, 2004" bn.po
cvs server: sticky tag `1.10' for file `bn.po' is not a branch
cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!
It seems my mails about replacing my SSH key have been safely stored
to /dev/null for "further processing".
Whom can I send my new SSH key for access to translations CVS ?
I made three last minute changes to the strings for
redhat-mail.desktop.in and redhat-web.desktop.in in redhat-menus. These
desktop files are on the default panel, and now point to whatever your
default browser is. They are visible as tooltips on the default items,
so they're pretty prominent.
Old String | New String
"Epiphany Web Browser" | "Web Browser"
"Browse the Internet" | "Browse the web"
"Evolution Email" | "Email"
I tried to update all the .po files to have these new strings. I got
the first two from the .po files in Epiphany, and generated the third
with judicious use of sed.
I would love it if people could double check those strings to make sure
I didn't do something dumb. The "Email" string in particular I'm
Additionally, while merging in the strings, I accidentally screwed up
the headers of the po files. As a result, they claim to be from
epiphany. A quick look in CVS showed that a good number of the old
headers were pretty bogus ("Project-Id: PROJECT" vs "Project-Id:
epiphany"), but please let me know if this causes trouble for anyone.
I did a refresh to see if any of them had changed since the
freeze; it looks like there are 7 changes. Depending on
what was in the .po file before, it looks like some of them
may be already translated in your locale.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
[morais@pmmm system-config-lvm]$ cvs commit -m "start new translation" pt.po
**** Access allowed: morais is in ACL for system-config-lvm/po.
RCS file: /usr/local/CVS/system-config-lvm/po/pt.po,v
cvs server: ERROR: cannot write file
/usr/local/CVS/system-config-lvm/po/pt.po,v: Permission denied
cvs server: Couldn't open rcs file
`/usr/local/CVS/system-config-lvm/po/pt.po,v': No such file or directory
cvs server: cannot remove /usr/local/CVS/system-config-lvm/po/pt.po,v: No such
file or directory