try "yum --exclude=perl-XML-Twig update"
That should avoid the problem. This has already been bugzilla'ed:
From: "rgleeson" <rgleeson(a)childwelfare.ca>
Subject: up2date choking on Perl:Twig
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
I've been having problems using up2date (and Yum and Apt, for that
with the latest round of updates on Test 3.
Today I discovered it was was choking on Perl:Twig v.3.13-4. The
"unresolvable chain of dependencies - requres Perl:XML
I have a couple of question related to this:
1) I have everything installed from the Test 3 CDs. Why am I running
in to a
dependency issue like this on an basic update? I already have 3.09-3
installed. How can I resolve it?
2) In the case of this conflict, would it not be a good idea to
everything possible and then note which packages couldn't be
installed at the
end, rather than choking the process at the beginning?
3) I keep getting GP Key (sp?) prompts for each package. Is there a
#2 and #3 speak to the fluidity of an update with up2date, being able
it do its business and not having to babysit it.
4) very minor cosmetic point:
Why are there three periods on the bottom-left hand corner of the GUI
up2date? It makes it appear like it's still unfinished, which it may
given it's a beta verion of Fedora.
5) I guess the refresh issue has been well-noted? The blanked out
while retrieving info make it look as it up2date has stalled and
needs to be
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com