Just a quick heads up to keep folks informed on F12 Alpha testing.
o Feature freeze 2009-07-28
o Alpha Test Compose (TC) 2009-07-29
o Test 'Test Compose' 2009-07-29
---------------- N O W ----------------
o Alpha Blocker Bug Day#3 2009-07-31
o Alpha Freeze 2009-08-04
o Compose Alpha 2009-08-06
o Test Alpha Candidate 2009-08-06
o Alpha Release 2009-08-18
= Physical media testing =
Fedora QA is currently waiting for an Alpha Test Compose to exercise a
full installation test run . However, testing prior to the compose
has unearthed several 'test blocker' bugs. As the name suggests, these
are issues that prevent further testing, notably they are blocking all
(or a majority of) tests in the installation test matrix . The
current list of open 'test blocker' issues includes:
* 514501 - MODIFIED - dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
org.freedesktop.Hal.NoSuchDevice?: No device with
* 511907 - MODIFIED - parted.Disk.duplicate exception in storage
* 510033 - MODIFIED - AttributeError?: 'NoneType?' object has no
* 514718 - MODIFIED - install exited abnormally - AttributeError?:
'NoneType?' object has no attribute 'has_key'
There is additional work underway to address installer integration with
a recent NetworkManager version. A ticket has been filed  for anyone
interested in monitoring the status of the Alpha test compose milestone.
= Rawhide testing =
Because rawhide testing never stops, there are several Alpha blocker bug
events  to help identify high-impact defects that would put the Alpha
in jeopardy. The next blocker bug event is scheduled for this Friday @
15:00 UTC in #fedora-bugzappers.
Any defects discovered while testing rawhide that should be addressed in
the Alpha should block the tracker bug#F12Alpha. Please keep in mind
the following criteria when escalating an issue:
* Can this issue be fixed with a future rawhide update or is it
part of the media kit?
* Is this defect a high (or greater) severity  with no, or an
* Does the presence of this bug dramatically reduce test coverage?