On Sat, 2020-03-28 at 20:59 +0000, Ankur Sinha wrote:
I'd installed a new ibus-m17n input method to answer a question on Ask
Fedora. It was installed correctly, but when I click on the "show
keyboard layout" button either in Gnome-settings or in the top panel
bar, nothing happens. Instead, it appears that something somewhere
Abrt filed this for me
Steps to reproduce:
- F32, up to date install
- ensure ibus-m17n is installed,
- Go to Gnome-settings: region + languages
- In input sources, click "+", search for "Hindi".
- Click "Hindi" to see the available methods.
- Select one to install: Hindi (inscript(m17n)) or Hindi
- Once installed, click the "eye" icon to see the keyboard layout.
- Nothing happens, each time one clicks the number of crashes in abrt
seems to increase by one too.
I don't remember testing it on F31, so I cannot say if this is a bug in
F32 or one that has always been there.
I believe that's the same issue.
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | XMPP: adamw AT happyassassin . net