Rodd Clarkson wrote:
I'm really enjoying using compiz on my desktop. It has a certain
tastiness that can't be denied.
However, there's a few things that I'm missing and can't seem to
1. I had set up gnome-terminal to launch using <CTRL>+<ALT>+<T>
System > Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts. This shortcut no longer
works (since enabling compiz) and the option no longer appears in the
Keyboard Shortcuts dialog.
2. In metacity, I had customised the buttons on the title bar as
follows: close,maximize,minimize:menu (inside gconf setting
apps/metacity/general/button_layout). I now have the default button
layout and can't seem to see anyway of changing the button layout.
(Yes, the button layout I want is very much the same as on MacOSX. I'm
not a fan, but I do think that they got this right, ironically because
all the menu items are in the same place on the window, which is strange
because MacOSX put these menus up the top, not in the window.)
Can someone help me to address these two issues, or do I need to file
this won't help solve your problems but I also have some issues (missing
features) in compiz that where in metacity:
1) always on top does not work (option greyed out)
2) no drag and drop in the pager
3) rightclick move to workspace does not exist