On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 16:46:30 +0000,
Andre Robatino <robatino(a)fedoraproject.org> wrote:
Bruno Wolff III <bruno <at> wolff.to> writes:
> When that first showed up I just removed the offending packages, did an
> update and things worked. The problem might be hardware related.
Can you be more specific as to "offending packages"? If making this work
requires removing dozens of packages, I'd rather continue using multiuser mode
and wait for the problem to get fixed.
What I do for key packages that I don't want to uninstall because they'd
take most of the system with them is get the list of conflicts from the
rawhide report, remove version and extra white space, remove duplicates
and then use yum to find the ones I have installed and remove those. I add
the list of stuff removed to a list i use to keep track of removed packages.
(I generally prefer running up to date stuff over keeping packages that
block updates, installed.) The rawhide reports don't cover rpmfusion
packages, so if those are blocking updates you'll need to find them another
way. Sometimes you can tell which packages are blocking updates just by
looking at the normal yum output. Using -v helps in some other cases, but
even with -v it isn't always clear which packages are causing problems.
For packages that are key dependencies, you can just remove them and then
try to put everything back.