On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Rick Johnson wrote:
Mike Chambers wrote:
> If you upgrade the imap package from rawhide in a severn machine, pop
> starts to fail when checking password. Had to downgrade back to the
> stock severn package to get it to work again.
> Just an FYI..
Doesn't the RawHide version require SSL in order to do plain-text auth?
I know it did for IMAP.
It did in the alphas, didn't in beta1. The changelog doesn't mention
switching back to requiring SSL once again:
[kaboom@skuld kaboom]$ rpm -qp --changelog imap-2002d-3.src.rpm | head -n 12
* Tue Jul 22 2003 Nalin Dahyabhai <nalin(a)redhat.com> 1:2002d-3
- remove packager: tag, now rejected by build system
* Fri Jul 11 2003 John Dennis <jdennis(a)finch.boston.redhat.com> 1:2002d-2
- defeat interactive check of ssltype
* Fri Jul 11 2003 John Dennis <jdennis(a)finch.boston.redhat.com> 1:2002d-1
- bring upto new upstream release 2002d, change SSLTYPE to allow for plain
text login again
I've not dived into the package yet, though