I previously wrote a page called "Join Critical Path Wranglers
Draft" and it has since been moved and edited. Its name has changed
because of the new FAS group called provenpackagers has been made and
will be in charge of the critical path QA.
This is still a draft, but I think its quite a bit closer to
finalization than the previous version. I'm wide open to questions,
comments, and snide remarks.
I do think there are some things in terms of policy and procedure that
might need to be taken into account and hashed out but I think that's
a bit outside of the scope of this particular page.
Without further ado: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/JoinProvenPackagers:Draft
() ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
/\ www.asciiribbon.org - against proprietary attachments
I am running rawhide on two machines, I had to retire one of them :(, but anyhow one boots fine with nouveaux driver and the other one has openchrome but does not work with new 2.6.34.????-16.fc14_x86_64 kerel
I wanted to capture the screen but forgot my camera :(, anyhow I will try to type the error message, if not will do so on Monday :)
[<ffffffffa018a940>] azx_probe+0x46e/0x9c1 [snd_hda_intel]
udevd:worker  unexpectedly returned with sattus 0x0100
udevd: worker  failed while handling 'devices/pci0000:80/0000:80:01.0
Guess I should do it some other day :),
to all have a nice weekend .
Just installed it, have not applied any updates yet.
The same problem about kpackagekit and gnome-packagekit that others
Still installs a lot of unwanted fonts, but maybe we have hashed
that over too much already.
In gnome add to panel-> system tools there are two system monitor things
in system-preferences->startup applications there are to things for
policy kit authentication agent
in system-preferences there are two screensaver things
Adding a new network printer all went well until I clicked Apply,
then waited a long time with nothing happening.
/usr/share/system-config-printer/system-config-printer.py were both
shown by ps aux in the S state.
As Fedora 13 marches towards a Beta, there are several Test Days planned
to help bring focused testing on upcoming features. The first,
scheduled for this Tuesday, March 30 2010, will focus on enabling SSSD
by default .
For those unfamiliar with SSSD, it's primary function is to provide
access to remote identity and authentication resources (think LDAP and
kerberos) through a common framework. A primary benefit is support for
offline caching of user credentials. So, why should you care?
* For starters, with offline caching, you no longer need a local
user account if you have a remote authentication service (often
the case when using remote identity/auth on laptops).
* Additionally, if you use remote authentication, it will be
managed by SSSD now . So you'll want to take the live image
for a spin in your environment.
* Lastly, the new and improved system-config-authentication (aka
authconfig) is used for configuring local and remote
identity/authentication. So regardless of your setup, now is a
good time to make sure it works for you.
While testing in your own environment is desired, LDAP and Kerberos
servers are available to aid Test Day participants. As always, test
cases with clear step-by-step testing instructions will be available on
the Test Day page . Also, live images will be provided to allow for
non-destructive testing on your system. The Test Day runs all
*Tuesday* in #fedora-test-day on Freenode IRC. Hope to see you there!
test-announce mailing list
Real machine. I am using a DVD driver via SATA.
On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Aioanei Rares <rares.aioanei(a)gmail.com>wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 10:49:10 -0300
> Mario Chacon <the.masch(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I get an error with the official Fedora 13 Alpha Live CD:
> > No root device found
> > Boot has failed, sleeping forever.
> > Is there a new version of Fedora 13 live cd?
> > Regards,
> > salu2...
> > masch...
> Virtual machine or real hardware? Give us some details.
> Aioanei Rares <rares.aioanei(a)gmail.com>
Compose started at Sat Mar 27 09:15:06 UTC 2010
Broken deps for i386
gnome-web-photo-0.9-4.fc13.i686 requires gecko-libs = 0:184.108.40.206
hornsey-1.5.2-0.1.fc13.i686 requires libclutter-gst-0.10.so.0
libnodeupdown-backend-openib-1.9-5.fc13.i686 requires libosmcomp.so.3(OSMCOMP_2.3)
libnodeupdown-backend-openib-1.9-5.fc13.i686 requires libosmcomp.so.3
moblin-app-installer-0.4.0-0.7.fc13.i686 requires libpackagekit-glib2.so.13
pyclutter-gst-0.9.2-1.fc12.i686 requires libclutter-gst-0.10.so.0
sepostgresql-8.4.2-2488.fc13.i686 requires postgresql-server = 0:8.4.2
totem-youtube-2.29.92-1.fc13.i686 requires libgdata.so.7
zikula-module-menutree-2.2-1.fc13.noarch requires zikula >= 0:1.2
Broken deps for x86_64
gnome-web-photo-0.9-4.fc13.x86_64 requires gecko-libs = 0:220.127.116.11
hornsey-1.5.2-0.1.fc13.x86_64 requires libclutter-gst-0.10.so.0()(64bit)
libnodeupdown-backend-openib-1.9-5.fc13.x86_64 requires libosmcomp.so.3(OSMCOMP_2.3)(64bit)
libnodeupdown-backend-openib-1.9-5.fc13.x86_64 requires libosmcomp.so.3()(64bit)
moblin-app-installer-0.4.0-0.7.fc13.x86_64 requires libpackagekit-glib2.so.13()(64bit)
pyclutter-gst-0.9.2-1.fc12.x86_64 requires libclutter-gst-0.10.so.0()(64bit)
sepostgresql-8.4.2-2488.fc13.x86_64 requires postgresql-server = 0:8.4.2
totem-youtube-2.29.92-1.fc13.x86_64 requires libgdata.so.7()(64bit)
zikula-module-menutree-2.2-1.fc13.noarch requires zikula >= 0:1.2
New package bakefile
A cross-platform, cross-compiler native makefiles generator
New package cppi
C preprocessor directive indenter
New package perl-Net-STOMP-Client
STOMP object oriented client module
New package pidgin-birthday-reminder
Birthday Reminder plugin for Pidgin
New package python-empy
A powerful and robust template system for Python
New package skf
Utility binary files in Simple Kanji Filter
* Tue Mar 23 2010 Richard Hughes <rhughes(a)redhat.com> - 0.6.3-0.1.20100322git
- Add a pre-release snapshot to include all of the most recent fixes for the
F13 beta release.
- Remove preupgrade hard depends as it's not installed by default for
gnome-desktop in comps.
* Mon Mar 22 2010 Rex Dieter <rdieter(a)fedoraproject.org> - 0.6.2-2
- -qt: add minimal qt4 runtime dependency (#573308)
* Mon Mar 15 2010 Richard Hughes <rhughes(a)redhat.com> - 0.6.2-1
- New upstream release of 0.6.2.
- Update to the latest version of the Fedora Packaging Guidelines
- Do not Require: pkgconfig
- Fix up a few file ownership issues
- Remove the custom BuildRoot
- Do not clean the buildroot before install
* Thu Mar 25 2010 David Lehman <dlehman(a)redhat.com> - 13.37-1
- Unlock the CD tray door in isys.ejectcdrom() (#569377) (pjones)
- Texts under storage/formats missing from the .pot file (#576082).
- Translate the Back button in glade (#576082) (akozumpl)
- Add originalFormat handling to editLVMLogicalVolume. (#576529) (dlehman)
- Fix a cut&paste error that caused a traceback (#574743) (dlehman)
- yum requires the proxy settings to include a protocol (#576691). (clumens)
- Only look for extended partitions on partitioned devices (#576628)
- Fix referring to disks by-label, by-uuid, etc (#575855). (clumens)
- Fix syntax for passing a mapping to a translatable string (#576085).
- Catch NotImplementedError when scanning for disklabels (#566722) (hdegoede)
- Filter UI do not start / stop BIOS RAID sets to get there size (#574587)
- Make filter UI honor nodmraid cmdline option (#574684) (hdegoede)
- Properly align the first partition we create (#574220) (hdegoede)
- Update filter for translation log entries. (dlehman)
* Mon Mar 22 2010 David Lehman <dlehman(a)redhat.com> - 13.36-1
- Don't pass size=1 for autopart PVs. Use PartitionDevice's default size.
- Make python start with correct default unicode encoding (#539904).
- Fixes bug #569373 - Change udev_trigger block calls to use change action
- Fix: execWithRedirect() unexpectedkeyword argument 'searchPath' (#572853)
- Do not crash on .autorelabel when using read only rescue mount (#568367)
- Do not crash when getDevices returns NULL (#567939) (msivak)
* Mon Mar 15 2010 Richard Hughes <rhughes(a)redhat.com> - 2.29.92-0.1.20100315git
- New snapshot from the master branch
- Rebuild against the latest PackageKit
- Should fix the silent failure when the simulate depsolve fails
- Ensure that there can only eve be one update icon running in a session.
* Wed Mar 24 2010 Kevin Kofler <Kevin(a)tigcc.ticalc.org> - 6:4.4.1-2
- -printer-applet: add support for automatic printer driver installation
(Tim Waugh, #576660, F13+)
- -printer-applet: add missing Requires: dbus-python
- remove obsolete F10- upgrade path Requires for -printer-applet
* Fri Mar 26 2010 Kevin Kofler <Kevin(a)tigcc.ticalc.org> - 0.6.0-2
- rebase InstallPrinterDrivers patch
- readd disttag
* Fri Mar 26 2010 Steven M. Parrish <smparrish(a)gmail.com> - 0.6.0-1
- Official 0.6.0 release
* Wed Mar 24 2010 Kevin Kofler <Kevin(a)tigcc.ticalc.org> - 0.6.0-0.9.20100301svn
- add support for automatic printer driver installation (Tim Waugh, #576615)
* Sat Mar 13 2010 Rex Dieter <rdieter(a)fedoraproject.org> - 0.6.0-0.8.20100301svn
- add minimal kdelibs4 runtime dependency
* Tue Mar 02 2010 Kevin Kofler <Kevin(a)tigcc.ticalc.org> - 0.6.0-0.7.20100301svn
- update to 20100301 SVN snapshot
* Thu Mar 25 2010 Chris Lumens <clumens(a)redhat.com> - 3.2-1
- Upgrade to pyparted-3.2 (#571940).
* Mon Mar 01 2010 David Cantrell <dcantrell(a)redhat.com> - 3.1-1
- Upgrade to pyparted-3.1 (#567576).
Added Packages: 6
Removed Packages: 0
Modified Packages: 6