I keep getting a message about not being able to find the base url for any of
the repos. Here is the output:
[root@linux2 tom]# yum -y update
Loading "installonlyn" plugin
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core
[root@linux2 tom]# ^^^^ this changes with
/var/log/yum.log is empty.
I've compared the /etc/yum.repos.d/repo files against the old files (which I
kept on a non-formatted partition) and they appeared to be identical. Can't
find anything in any of the logs that would be significant. Any ideas?
One problem I did find after installing was that the gateway address had not
been saved in /etc/sysconfig/network. This of course caused a lack of access
to the internet while still allowing full communication over the local
network. I recall that during the installation, when the gateway was
entered, it was not accepted.
Linux user #263467
Federal Way, WA
I've been having great fun playing with FC6t1 on my dual core asus A8N-E
box, and thought I'd share my results so far (with the important ones
I also made bugzillas).
The first fun experience was trying to install with a 42" 1920x1080
LCD display which anaconda (and the radeon driver) insist on running
at 640x480 :-). Since I couldn't even see the "Next" button on the
first screen, I installed with an old CRT hooked to the VGA output
and the DVI disconnected.
I encountered the problem with the installer refusing to
believe I typed in the gateway and DNS info, but others have
reported that as well, so I didn't bother with a bugzilla there.
Having manually fixed the network, I ran into the normal problems
for an initial update with dependency issues, but once I threw out
some of the updates and found a subset I could apply it was happy
with I found the new "pup" updater tool can't display progress
while it is downloading, instead the windows freeze up completely
(at least it really does do the downloads and a few hours later
eventually wkes up and starts applying them).
I've got two sata drives in the onboard nforce4 driven interfaces.
They work perfectly on FC5, but with FC6, it can't talk to the 2nd
drive for some reason.
Having made it through all that, I was finally able to get to the
main thing I wanted to check on FC6 - opengl support in the
radeon driver - unfortunately that's a bust too :-).
Anyway, I think I've probably caused enough trouble for now, so
maybe I'll go off and play with something else for a while...
I'm trying to install FC6T1 on a Dell Optiplex GX110 (PIII 733). I've
selected only the "Software development" package set. The install
process makes it through the first pass of dependency resolution with 4
unresolvable dependencies, then hangs at what I believe is the second
pass. Here's what's at the end of the list of messages in virtual
Unresolvable dependancy [sic] /usr/lib/python2.4 in libxml2-python
dependancy /usr/share/desktop-menu-patches/gnome-gdmsetup.desktop in gdm
Unresolvable dependancy magic.mime in httpd
Unresolvable dependancy pam_loginuid.so in openssh-server
Moving (1) to step confirm install
And that's it. After an hour or two the machine locks up hard,
requiring a reset.
This kernel works just fine on my Dell 610, save that
the suspend-to-ram no longer brings the display back.
For the previous kernel I had added
to the boot parameters. This was after some playing around. Should I
expect to need changes here?
I just installed FC6t1 on the work1.private testbed machine, and all is well.
No problems with the installation. I did customize the selections at the front
end of the process, no problems with the diskspace.
Firstboot ran fine without rhgb in the mix.
Changing the repository data with yum-updatesd running did cause a deadlock with
installing kyum, but a restart of the yum-updatesd solved the problem.
BOINC/SETI@Home is running fine. No major regressions in the apps I tested.
Celeron (Coppermine) PIII @ 600MHz 256MB RAM 160GB vanilla IDE disk
Three LVM partitions (root,usr,home) [boot and swap are real partitions]
Trident Cyberblade/i1 video, VIA chipset, RTL ethernet.
In updates from today a new package 'xorg-x11-drv-vmmouse' showed
up. Its description is rather terse "X.Org X11 vmmouse input
driver". There is also 'man vmmouse' but it does not differ that
much from 'man mouse-driver' from an already present package
SYNOPSIS section is the same in both cases and main differences are
that some options are missing for vmmouse (EmulateWheelTimeout),
some defaults are different, and vmmouse consistenly refers to
XFree86, XF86Config, www.xfree86.org, ... which does not look
correct in the context. Hence my question.