Stratis 0.1 is now available.
This is the initial alpha release. It is feature-complete for basic
expected functionality, including creating pools from blockdevs,
creating filesystems from a pool, renaming, listing, deletion, and
recreating running state from on-disk metadata. It has not yet been
* It it recommended to use a scratch system or VM for running Stratis,
with no valuable data.
* The use of other tools that use device-mapper, such as LVM, on a test
system is best avoided.
* The use of small blockdevs (total size under 5 GiB) to create a pool
is best avoided, since Stratis doesn't yet gracefully handle running out
* Once stratisd is run and then exited (e.g. with a ctrl-C), a reboot is
required before it can successfully run again.
The easiest way to try Stratis is to install Fedora 25 or 26 (x86_64)
and add our COPR test repo:
`dnf copr enable grover/stratis`
`dnf install stratis stratisd`
Then, run 'stratisd' as root in one terminal, and interact with it using
the 'stratis' command-line tool in another root terminal. See "man
stratis' for more info.
You may give feedback by:
* Sending an email to this list
* Opening an issue against either
* Joining the #stratis-storage irc channel on irc.freenode.net
The truly brave can find release tarballs and build instructions for the
five Stratis components here:
Thanks -- Regards -- Andy