Dear SSSD users,
I would like to share with you few issues I faced during the move from
1.16.3 to 2.2.0 sssd release.
I am a Debian user and I did this move because Debian pushed the 2.2.0
release in the testing branch.
My configuration may seem exotic as I use 'files' as id_provider and
Initially with the 1.16 version I faced the following issue :
Thanks to Jakub Hrozek
I was able to make it working with the following workaround :
For those interested, the discussion thread is here :
With the move to 2.2.0, I faced several issues...
First, I had to remove the line services = nss, pam, ifp from sssd.conf
because I use systemd.
I think i fell in the bug described here :
. I do not know if
it is a debian specific integration issue, or a sssd issue. I did not find
any reference to sssd upstream bug, but in the meantime, it is written that
"We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of sssd"
. Not clear for me if they are talking about sssd debian package version,
or upstream version.
Anyway, I faced this issue with new debian package 2.2.0, let me know if it
is a debian specific stuff to open a bug report on debian side.
Once the previous issue was fixed, I faced a segmentation fault in
Sorry to not have the exact error message. But it should be easy to
id_provider = files
auth_provider = krb5
should show the issue.
Due to this seg fault, I removed the workaround of the bug 3591. sssd was
properly started by systemd, but, I realized, that the bug 3591, is still
I am afraid I am locked with 1,16,3 release. ( who does the job, but not
aligned with debian testing )
Thanks for your feedback