Hey All

This is my first attempt at getting sssd working. A little background.

I have a RHEL 6 server that is located on a secure DMZ like subnet, there is an ldap server running on the network which I would like to authenticate my server to. I have followed several guides (sssd fedora guide, official red hat guide and several others), but just can't seem to get the binding to work.

I have tested binding with the ldapsearch commands and that seems to work, however SSSD continues to have issues. 

I am binding on 389 with TLS. I can successfully bind and see all the users and other attributes with the following ldapsearch command:

$ldapsearch -x -ZZ -H ldap://myhost.mydomain.com -b o=MYORG

This is what my /etc/sssd/sssd.conf looks like:

config_file_version = 2
services = nss, pam
domains = LDAP

filter_groups = root
filter_users = root
reconnection_retries = 3
entry_cache_timeout = 300


access_provider = ldap
id_provider = ldap
auth_provider = ldap
chpass_provider = ldap
access_provider = ldap
ldap_access_filter = allow
ldap_schema = rfc2307
ldap_uri = ldap://myhost.mydomain.com
ldap_search_base = o=MYORG
ldap_user_search_base = ou=PEOPLE,o=MYORG
enumerate = True
cache_credentials = true
ldap_tls_reqcert = allow
ldap_tls_cacertdir = /etc/openldap/certs
ldap_id_use_start_tls = true
ldap_default_bind_dn = cn=ldaplookup,o=services
ldap_default_authtok_type = password
ldap_default_authtok = XXXXXXXX
debug_level = 9

I have also tried binding anonymous, which also fails. This is what I see in my sssd log file:



Ben Lewis