On Wed, 2009-11-04 at 18:32 +0100, Martin Nagy wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 16:02 -0500, Simo Sorce wrote:
> > On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 14:07 +0100, Martin Nagy wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > attached are patches needed for the fail over functionality. The
> > > service discovery is not there yet, I want to hold of with that until
> > > I
> > > have at least a basic SRV-based one so I can test it properly. It's
> > > possible that we will discover something missing when we'll be
> > > integrating it into providers. Together with Steven we at least
> > > figured
> > > out that for ldapi:// for example we need an "extra" treatment.
> > > made the name resolution optional and you can provide a server with
> > > user data. The commit messages and header files should explain it
> > > better.
> > Just a formal NACK.
> > We discussed changes on IRC.
> New patches attached.
> * use a fail over context instead of a global variable
> * rename fo_get_server_* to fo_resolve_service_*
> * rename fo_set_service_status() and enum service_status to use
> * don't use a default port for services
> * always use only one request for resolving and add even the first
> request as a subrequest into the queue
> * put user_data in fo_add_server()
> * use NULL as a server name to indicate we don't want to do resolving
> instead of having a boolean for it
> * in fo_resolve_service_send() only return NULL if the
> tevent_req_create() fails
> * add a destructor for lookup hooks, use a different memory context
> * detect if existing server name, port and user_data combination already
> exists and return EEXIST if they do
> Hope I didn't miss anything.
Sorry still a NACK, this is the discussion on IRC:
OK, should be good now. I also optimized a bit functions for getting
server/port status so they don't always call gettimeofday() if they
don't have to and I also made the code a bit cleaner. New patches
rebased on the current master are attached.