On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 16:02 -0500, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 14:07 +0100, Martin Nagy wrote:
> attached are patches needed for the fail over functionality. The
> service discovery is not there yet, I want to hold of with that until
> have at least a basic SRV-based one so I can test it properly. It's
> possible that we will discover something missing when we'll be
> integrating it into providers. Together with Steven we at least
> out that for ldapi:// for example we need an "extra" treatment. So I
> made the name resolution optional and you can provide a server with
> user data. The commit messages and header files should explain it
Just a formal NACK.
We discussed changes on IRC.
New patches attached.
* use a fail over context instead of a global variable
* rename fo_get_server_* to fo_resolve_service_*
* rename fo_set_service_status() and enum service_status to use
* don't use a default port for services
* always use only one request for resolving and add even the first
request as a subrequest into the queue
* put user_data in fo_add_server()
* use NULL as a server name to indicate we don't want to do resolving
instead of having a boolean for it
* in fo_resolve_service_send() only return NULL if the
* add a destructor for lookup hooks, use a different memory context
* detect if existing server name, port and user_data combination already
exists and return EEXIST if they do
Hope I didn't miss anything.