Eugene Indenbom wrote:
Dear Simo and Stephen,
I want to let you known that I haven't dropped the work on the patch. I
had other business to attend last week, so I returned to the patch only
I have already implemented all the changes we have discussed and
currently testing them. Unfortunately I have found a severe problem in
sdap_handle destruction sequence. It can be reproduced as follows:
1. There is an active sdap_op;
2. Connection breaks midway;
3. sdap_process_result is called and releases broken connection using
4. sdap_handle_release start calling callbacks of all active sdap_op
5. Inside the callback sdap_op destroys sdap_handle
6. When callback returns control sdap_handle_release is already
deallocated so further actions either assert or segfault the backend.
The problem exists in sssd-22.214.171.124 as well as in my patched version.
I am currently working on the solution, which hopefully will be
Thank you for reporting this.
Can you please address it as a separate stand alone patch independent
from other work you do?
That would make things much easier to review, apply and test.