On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 02:16:03PM +0200, Nikolai Kondrashov wrote:
Here is the 4th and I hope the last version of my DEBUG macro refactoring
Changes from the last version:
* Rebase on fresh master (761777f).
* Fix invocations of the updated "debug_fn" function to not assume it
filters by debug level (found by Jakub).
* Add patch to update debug levels in "sss_semanage_error_callback".
* Add patch to update debug level in a "backup_file" invocation.
* Add patch to reflow the new "debug_fn" to make it match coding
conventions better, as per Jakub's request (although I didn't make a
separate function as it doesn't seem to be necessary).
* Re-run both mass update scripts, instead of cherry-picking.
* Remove mentions of old/new debug levels in the patch removing the
conversion function (the last one).
I built and tested the final results with "chmake", but did no other tests.
These patches work for me. I had to rebase them on top of the current
master (sorry, I pushed Stef's patches before I checked the moderation
queue). Attached is a tarball with patches that include my
modifications, feel free to inspect it.
I have two questions, one for you and one for the whole development
1) Would you agree to squash patch #7 (the fixup) to patch #6? I can
see the point of separating the mass-converted patch from the few
places the mass conversion didn't work as expected, but at the same
time I prefer that each patch compiles on its own to make sure in
order to not break bisect.
2) I'm wondering whether to push these patches to sssd-1-11, too.
On one hand, there is always a risk of regressions with such large
patchsets, on the other hand I don't like to force maintainers into
backporting all the patches that are intended for 1.11. (Also, from
a RHEL maintainer view, these patches wouldn't be accepted easily by