it is probably not very intuitive to choose the
'period' parameter as the initial interval in
the backoff feature (ptask). The first_delay and
enabled_delay are more suitable for this.
See the attached patch.
=== SSSD 1.9.7 ===
The SSSD team is proud to announce the release of version 1.9.7 of
the System Security Services Daemon.
Most importantly, SSSD 1.9.7 is the last planned release of the LTM
sssd-1-9 branch. User of SSSD 1.9.x are advised to upgrade to SSSD 1.11.x
which will become the next LTM version. Another 1.9.x tarball would only
be released in case of a critical security issue or a regression caused
by the patches in 1.9.7.
As always, the source is available from https://fedorahosted.org/sssd
This is a bugfix release with a minor feature enhancement -- see
the changelog below for details.
== Feedback ==
Please provide comments, bugs and other feedback via the sssd-devel or
sssd-users mailing lists:
== Highlights ==
* This release is the last supported upstream release in the 1.9.x
series. Users of sssd-1.9 are advised to upgrade to sssd-1.11
* A memory leak in the netgroup code of the NSS responder was fixed
* Subdomains inherit min_id/max_id limits of parent domains. The user-visible
effect of this bug was that adding system users or groups with shadow-utils
took too long.
* The default_domain_suffix is ignored in the autofs responder, making it
possible to use default_domain_suffix along with autofs integration
* Several fixes related to Kerberos DIR cache support were backported from
== Tickets Fixed ==
GSSAPI working only on first login
If both IPA and LDAP are set up with enumeration on, two enum
tasks are running
sssd_nss grows memory footprint when netgroups are requested
sssd_be segfaults if empty grop is resolved using ad_matching_rule
[RFE] If originalDN is not available during LDAP auth, the SSSD
should look it up
Do not fail if initgroups returns NOT_FOUND
Creating system accounts on a IdM client takes up to 10 minutes
when AD trust is configured in the IdM.
== Detailed Changelog ==
Aron Parsons (1):
* do not use default_domain_suffix with autofs
Jakub Hrozek (7):
* Bumping the version for 1.9.7
* Inherit ID limits of parent domains if set
* PROXY: Handle empty GECOS
* LDAP: Split out a request to search for a user w/o saving
* LDAP: Search for original DN during auth if it's missing
* LDAP: Initialize user count for AD matching rule
* Updating translations for the 1.9.7 release
Lukas Slebodnik (6):
* NSS: Fix memory leak in sss_setnetgrent
* AUTOTOOLS: krb5 1.12 is also supported krb5 libs
* LDAP: Setup periodic task only once.
* Fix wrong detection of krb5 ccname
* Every time return directory for krb5 cache collection.
* Do not switch to credentials everytime.
Simo Sorce (1):
* proxy: Allow initgroup to return NOTFOUND
The attached patch removes Valgrind leak checking as suggested by Lukas on
private sssd-ci list:
Valgrind will ***NEVER*** find memory leaks in sssd. We use talloc for memory
allocations and maintaining suppresion database is nightmare from my POV.
I vote for removing testing memory leaks with valgrind
Personally, I'm not sure if leak checking is completely useless, but perhaps
it is. Has anyone caught any leaks with this so far?
Regarding maintenance, we haven't had to add any new leak suppressions in more
than two months, so it doesn't look so bad so far.
However, if we feel this is irritating and/or useless, we should remove it.
Does anyone have an opinion on this?
test_child was declared to be build always but only actually built when
cmocka was available, which is not the case on all platforms.
We can either 1) move the test_child outside the HAVE_CMOCKA or 2) only
append test_child to check_PROGRAMS when cmocka is available which is what
the attached patch does.
I'm fine with either option. Thanks for opinions/review.
Extensive travel in recent months allowed me to finish this code.
Here is the updated design:
0001 - Fix in case the Ref array is empty and we need to print/debug it
0002 - Declaration of the new function to do access checks
0003 - Big patch with core functionality
0004 - Updated access check code to use new internal access control function
0005 - File with expected output for unit test validation
0006 - Makefile and related changes to start building new code
No rush, take your time. :-)
Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio
Red Hat, Inc.